Power Skating Clinics
Power Skating Clinic
ANNUAL SUMMER 6 WEEK CLINIC
Every Sunday for 6 weeks starting July 18, 2021
We off both single and multiple day registration options for this, 1.5 hour long, weekly program.
Power Skating skills and development 6 week clinic starts this
July 18, 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22 at the Conway arena in Nashua NH.
Once again due to COVID-19 Refunds 100% in full prior to the start of this clinic. If you don't feel comfortable or you change your mind
simply contact us before Day 1 of the program for a full refund.
See top right for "registration requirements/guidance" forms and reading requirements
Scroll down for clinic registration.
Sunday Skills Nashua NH
Superior weekly development
We offer both single and multi-day registration options.
Sunday evenings 6pm-7:30pm
JULY 18,25, AUG 1,8,15,22
Conway arena, Nashua NH
What to expect
Goaltender development instruction by Robert Morel SOLD OUT
Goaltenders will receive personal training during the first 45 minutes followed by 45 minutes of
live action in the nets with our shooting and game situational stations
Goaltender details of instruction
- SPECIFIC GOALIE SKATING DRILLS, Explosive speed work in crease, Balance & Agility work, Development of all mobility skills
- STANCE DEVELOPMENT, Proper balance in stance, Correct position of gloves, Explosive recoveries, Butterfly Development
- ANGLES, Ability to fill in space and challenge shooter, Squaring to the puck
- ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS, Rebound Control / Lateral Slides / Use of stick Breakaways / Basket Saves / Butterfly saves Wrap arounds / Situation behind the net / Catching Glove and Stick saves
- Goaltenders will receive personal training followed by live action in the nets with our shooting and games situational stations. Max. 6 goalies.
Player development instruction by Peter Klim and the talented Radius Edge Staff
- We will provide skating, forms and exercises as well as skills
- Prior to pandemic this program offered 30 minutes of off ice training prior to the ice, we expect to return to this format in 2022
- You will always get skating forms at our skills clinics and this program features an extensive amount it. Some are stationary but
most moving. Forms are such a critical part of proper skating development. Even the NHL players seek the professional eye
of a power skating instructor to identify where they can improve. We run forms exercises
in progression for all levels to explore and progressively develop.
- We'll spend the 1st half of our ice session in stations. Ice formats and layouts vary, I
typically will have 1 full ice length station 200 feet long for creative skating development, overspeed lightning cords or resistance bands, rapid and long striding,
breakaways, gaining momentum with armswing.
- Power Skating, Forms, edges, balance and control, rapid and long stride, over speed, forward lateral diagonal
backwards, stops, crossovers, pivots, and so much more
- The second half we use many of the skating forms from the 1st half and progress with pucks and goalies into a more competitive atmosphere
- Checking passing stickhandling shooting scoring breakaways dekes fakes escapes puck-protection and evasive methods and more
- Checking: Angling, stick check, poke check, stick lift, pass blocking. shot blocking, body contact, shoulder check, hip check, checking and applicable rules
- Passing, various types of passing, skating and passing(timing skills), self passes using boards
- Stickhandling stationary and dynamic, individual puck control, hand eye coordination, dekes fakes,
slow, fast, wide, narrow, toe drags, the ghost, Eberle, Pastanak, Marchand, Orr, Savard, Gretzky, Ruzicka and more
- Shooting, wrist, snap, backhander, chip, flip, knuckler, slap, half slap, trick shots, rebounds, one timers, and more
We thank you for considering our camps and clinics.... Peter Klim !
In the picture, Tucker is doing what I call 'Puck Slides' a stride simulation drill. Start out skating forward, get to 10MPH then place a puck under 1 skate.
Tucker has a hockey puck(representing 1 inch in height) under the 'Toe' of the blade on the push leg.
This is going to serve three purposes:
- A) the extra weight shifted to the glide leg will reinforce new muscle growth in
the quadricep area. The deeper he bends the more strain on the muscle for faster muscle growth
- B) the seemingly unlimited stretching ability found in the push leg due to lack of friction
the slick rubber puck provides allows students to explore stride placement, length, leg and spinal alignment, good form and posture simultaneously as
they adjust the knee bend of the glide leg.
- C) It helps with the muscle memory during the return of the skate under the midline of the body.
The concept is after a thrust the skates return path should be low to the ice to mininmize time spent not in contact with the ice.
Home / Summer camps / Sign Up Forms / Clinics / Private lessons / Referee / Organizations / Testimonials / About Us / Philosophy / Contact Us / Skate Repair /
Copyright © 2020 Radius
Edge Power Skating LLC. All Rights Reserved
Revised - June 11, 2021
At most clinics we now offer
Body checking and body contact
Legal methods and Official rules
Print sign and bring day 1
Covid-19 risk waiver
Print sign and bring day 1
Injury liability waiver
Covid-19 Radius Edge information
Covid-19 Conway Arena guidelines
Mandatory Screening FORM
Covid-19 online screening FORM is a
requirement to enter Conway arena
and should be done prior to your arrival at the arena for your event
While participating please adapt to
social distancing whether it be....
- In registration line
- Inside the designated dressing area
- Lining up to get on the ice
- Lining up for drills
- Lining up to exit the ice
- Water breaks
- Group discussions
- On Bench
Peter officiating NWHL Boston 2016
Power Skating Warmup 15 Athletic Exercises
Power Skating Warmup, 180 Jumps
Power Skating Warmup, Leg isolation
Power Skating Warmup, balance and form
Power Skating Leg Loads Exercise
Power Skating MOVING PUCK SLIDES DRILL
Power Skating Sliding Core Exercises
Power Skating Open Hip Exercises
Power Skating Dryland, The Russian Box
Power Skating The Drunken Sailor Dance
Power Skating Dryland Group Stretch
Apres Skating in EXETER with CHABOT HOCKEY
WE WANT YOU !
- Nashua NH, CONWAY Arena
- Manchester NH, JFK Coliseum
- Manchester NH, West Side arena
- Keene NH, Keene Ice
- Exeter NH, The Rinks
- Hooksett NH, TriTown ice arena